

Israel continued attacks across southern and eastern Lebanon after negotiators agreed to extend a purported ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon for an additional 45 days.
Israeli authorities said they had struck 100 sites over the past two days as hostilities persisted despite diplomatic efforts to reduce tensions.
Lebanon’s National News Agency reported that one person was killed in an Israeli strike targeting a car in the southern town of Zrarieh.
Additional Israeli air raids were reported in the towns of Majdal Selem, Barashit, Yahmar and Sahmar, including strikes in the western Bekaa Valley.
In Gaza, Wafa reported that one Palestinian died after being wounded in an Israeli attack in Beit Lahiya in the north of the enclave.
Another person was killed and several others wounded after an Israeli strike targeted central Khan Younis earlier in the day.
Lebanese officials and economists said the renewed conflict has intensified pressure on a country already struggling with a yearslong financial crisis.
Economy Minister Amer Bisat said Lebanon has lost an estimated $2bn since the escalation of fighting on March 2, equivalent to roughly 7 percent of the country’s gross domestic product.
Bisat said the impact included job losses, declining agricultural production, factory closures and a collapse in tourism activity.
He added that 1.2 million people had been displaced within five weeks as the fighting expanded.
Economist Sami Zoughaib of the Policy Initiative said Lebanon had entered the conflict in a fragile position after the financial crisis that began in 2019.
He said the crisis had been “terribly mismanaged” and warned that rising fuel costs and wartime destruction were further undermining economic recovery.
Hezbollah said its fighters detonated explosives against Israeli military bulldozers advancing near the towns of Rashaf and Hadatha in southern Lebanon.
The group also said it launched rockets targeting Israeli soldiers and military vehicles on the outskirts of Hadatha.
Lebanese officials said rising inflation and widespread displacement were worsening humanitarian conditions, particularly for families already living in poverty before the latest escalation.
They warned that reconstruction costs could run into billions of dollars if the conflict continues.